Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Just the dark before the morning...

It has been a while since I have blogged! I have been one busy momma! Alot has happened!!! Luke and I enjoyed our first Mother's Day and Father's Day! Brayton has been as happy as usual! However, we still face trials everyday with the trach!

This past Monday was a crazy day for my little miracle! My mom went with me to Dr. Shann to do a trach change. I noticed over the weekend that Brayton's bottom was a little red. Dr. Shann looked and said it was just from sweating, BUT Dr. Shann noticed when he looked that Brayton has an inguinal hernia!!! SOOOOO... we will be going to Jackson July 6th for a meeting with the same general surgeon who performed the Nissen Fundiplication on Brayton so that we can schedule surgery to fix the hernia!  Needless to say, I was upset. I am just not sure how much more my little one can take! we are hoping that they can do the surgery the same day that he goes for his next scope (July 17th). However, we are not certain they can do both the same time.

Monday night was also pretty rough to add to our crazy, bad news day! I gave Brayton a bath as usual and Luke helped me change Brayton's ties. Well, I was holding the trach in place (you barely hold it against the skin, you don't put a lot of pressure because the airway is so sensitive) and Luke was taking the ties off. Well, Luke had one side off and was working on the other side when Brayton grabbed the end that was off and jerked. The trach came out of his airway! I hollered, "Oh crap, get his neck back" which scared Brayton who started crying. Luke pinned his shoulders down and I got the trach back in and we finished putting new ties on. Scared me half to death, but Luke and I both did a great job staying calm and taking care of it!

Brayton has discovered that when he pulls his "nose" off, he can stick his finger in his trach. Yes, it is funny, but I am scared this means that he will be pulling the trach out on his own soon. Someone has to be watching him constantly!

Despite all of the stress and tears I have shed this week, I still have hope. These trying times are "just the dark before the morning" and they "can't compare to the JOY that's coming" ("Before the Morning" by Josh Wilson). I just keep telling myself that Brayton is the happiest baby I know, God is in control, and one day, this will just be a memory!

No comments:

Post a Comment