Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Held in the arms of God

As I rocked my little angel tonight, I found myself staring at his sweet face and thinking about that horrific night that he crashed in Brookhaven. This thought made me think about the book, Heaven is for Real. My sweet boy's heart stopped beating for just a few seconds, but I wonder what happened in those few seconds. If you have read the book, you know what I am talking about. That 4 year old boy sat with God and talked to his grandpa. He was only away from Earth for a few seconds, but his time in heaven was longer than it seemed here on Earth.

So I thought about God holding my sweet one in His big safe arms. I can picture Him telling Brayton that everything is okay and that He is sending Brayton back to his mommy and daddy. I imagine God telling Brayton all of His plans for Brayton's life. God must have told Brayton to be strong, because Brayton came back fighting with all he had! He struggled to breath for several weeks after the ventilator came out and before we discovered the injury to his airway, but he never gave up again!

In the book, the little boy spoke to his grandpa. I can imagine the people that comforted Brayton and prepared him for the struggles he would face in the following months. Aunts and uncles, grandparents, and cousins that have all gone to heaven already. I thought of Uncle Garland, Aunt Corinne, Aunt Nelda, Uncle JP, Pawpaw Esco, Granny, Mawmaw Susie, Pawpaw Grover, and many many more. I know they were all there to talk to Brayton while God held him close.

I mentioned in an earlier post, I think, about Brayton smiling his first real smile in the hospital after he got his trach. You have all seen pictures of his big smile! This smile never stops unless he is exhausted. I didn't realize it until tonight while I held him and thought of all these things, but I know why he always smiles now...He has seen God. He was held in the arms of God. No wonder he smiles all the time! He knows that there is more than this struggle that he is facing! And with that, I believe that I should never stop smiling too, because God is holding us. We are safe in His arms! Thank You, God, for taking care of my baby boy! Thank You for the fact that we are all held in your arms!


Wednesday, February 1, 2012


A lot has happened since my last blog. First, we went for Brayton's scope surgery. We were told it still looks the same. There is a 90% chance of a major surgery. The other 10% is because our doctor believes that miracles can happen everyday! Brayton can't have surgery until he is 22-24lbs. Based on the growth chart, he should reach that weight around 18 months.

Brayton turned 6months old on Jan. 25th! He had his 6month check up as well. Dr. Shann said that Brayton is perfectly healthy! Brayton weighs 14lbs 10oz and is 26in. long! He is growing!

Brayton has also come a long way developmentally. He is sitting up by himself without wobbling for 30min at a time! And he, of course, thinks it is the coolest thing ever!

The other big thing that has happend to Brayton the past few weeks is that he attended his first ever Bogue Chitto ballgame! That is right! I took him to watch Aunt CC coach in her heels. Watching him watch the game was hilarious! He was so amazed! He literally watched the girls run up and down the court. He cried when the buzzer sounded, but then got use to it. The first game experience was a hit. If Brayton could talk, I am sure he would say, "It was like TV except better!"  Haha. It was truly priceless.

We have another special Brayton event coming up.......Baby Dedication!!! Luke and I will dedicate our sweet one on Feb 12 during morning worship. I never truly knew how important this was until I had a child of my own. It is not just a public act, but it is a commitment to God that we are going to do everything in our power to bring Brayton up God's way. I just pray that God leads us and that we follow and that Brayton becomes everything God needs him to be!

My Theme Song for Brayton: