Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Monday, February 6, 2012

Held in the arms of God

As I rocked my little angel tonight, I found myself staring at his sweet face and thinking about that horrific night that he crashed in Brookhaven. This thought made me think about the book, Heaven is for Real. My sweet boy's heart stopped beating for just a few seconds, but I wonder what happened in those few seconds. If you have read the book, you know what I am talking about. That 4 year old boy sat with God and talked to his grandpa. He was only away from Earth for a few seconds, but his time in heaven was longer than it seemed here on Earth.

So I thought about God holding my sweet one in His big safe arms. I can picture Him telling Brayton that everything is okay and that He is sending Brayton back to his mommy and daddy. I imagine God telling Brayton all of His plans for Brayton's life. God must have told Brayton to be strong, because Brayton came back fighting with all he had! He struggled to breath for several weeks after the ventilator came out and before we discovered the injury to his airway, but he never gave up again!

In the book, the little boy spoke to his grandpa. I can imagine the people that comforted Brayton and prepared him for the struggles he would face in the following months. Aunts and uncles, grandparents, and cousins that have all gone to heaven already. I thought of Uncle Garland, Aunt Corinne, Aunt Nelda, Uncle JP, Pawpaw Esco, Granny, Mawmaw Susie, Pawpaw Grover, and many many more. I know they were all there to talk to Brayton while God held him close.

I mentioned in an earlier post, I think, about Brayton smiling his first real smile in the hospital after he got his trach. You have all seen pictures of his big smile! This smile never stops unless he is exhausted. I didn't realize it until tonight while I held him and thought of all these things, but I know why he always smiles now...He has seen God. He was held in the arms of God. No wonder he smiles all the time! He knows that there is more than this struggle that he is facing! And with that, I believe that I should never stop smiling too, because God is holding us. We are safe in His arms! Thank You, God, for taking care of my baby boy! Thank You for the fact that we are all held in your arms!



http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_uri=%2F&gl=US#/watch?v=L0VlR-DjmrE

No comments:

Post a Comment