Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Monday, May 13, 2013

News from Cincinnati!!!

I FINALLY talked to Cincinnati today! The nurse hasn't called because the doctor was trying to make a final decision. Basically, the plan to have Single Stage LTP has changed. The Aerodigestive Team decided that Double Stage LTP might be better for my little man! However, when the surgery starts and the surgeon looks inside, the plan could change back to Single Stage.

The surgery is basically the same. Both take rib cartilage to reconstruct the airway. Here is the difference:

Single Stage: The surgery is done, trach comes out, ventilator (life support) goes in to act as a stint for the airway, he is in a medically induced coma in ICU for 7-10 days, we stay in Cincy up to 4 weeks, come home TRACH FREE!

Double Stage: The surgery is done, trach stays in, stint goes in to hold the airway open, we stay a week, come home. 6 weeks to 3 months later, we go back, stint comes out, trach comes out, we stay several days to make sure all is well, come home TRACH FREE!

I fully trust Dr. Cotton and his team! I feel like they truly have Brayton's best interest in mind. I do not have a date yet, but I will by tomorrow even if I have to call every hour!!! :)

Please pray for the team as they make decisions! Pray for Luke and me as we work with the doctors! Pray for Brayton that God CONTINUES to heal his airway perfectly and completely!!!

Love you all!!!

Jesus said to him, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” (Mark 9:23 NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment