Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Monday, October 28, 2013

Eventful Weekend

This past weekend was an eventful one for Brayton. A Poker Run was held on Saturday to help raise money for Brayton's medical bills and upcoming surgery. Although Luke has participated in a few of these before, I had never heard of one. It was definitely a fun experience. 

At 11:00 am, 74 bikes and 4 vehicles met up to start to the 120 mile motorcycle ride. There were about 100 riders total!!! Brayton was feeling well so I took him to see the bikers off and he had a BLAST! He was so excited to see all of the bikes. He was pointing and running from one bike to another. He even sat on a few and pushed buttons! He and I both made a lot of new friends that day!

Words can not express how thankful we are to all of the bikers and participants who helped with the Poker Run! I am overwhelmed at the love and kindness that was shown! Thank you ALL!

Sunday was another interesting day for Brayton and me. We went with family members to "Boo at the Zoo" in Baton Rouge. They had booths set up with candy and Brayton thought it was so much fun to get his bucket filled up!

So after this fun filled weekend, I finally have a few minutes to sit, reflect, and blog! This weekend was amazing. God just keeps teaching me knew things through this journey. We are in the home stretch and there is FINALY light at the end of the tunnel! We go to Jackson for another scope/surgery on Dec. 3. If things still look well, we will schedule an appointment for Cincinnati around March or April to have another airway reconstruction surgery. It will be like the one we had in July except it will be the single stage. He will have the surgery, get the trach out, and be intubated for 4-7 days. A couple weeks later, we should be able to come home trach free!!!

As long as nothing changes, this is our game plan! I am not sure what will happen next: more surgeries, follow ups, etc. But I do know that our God is an awesome God who performs miracles! I have seen His work through Brayton and I am blessed beyond what I deserve!

Keep praying for perfect and complete healing! Love you all!

Our new friends!!!
Brayton LOVES motorcycles!!!
Excited over candy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment