Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Sunday, December 29, 2013

Update/Upcoming Surgery

We had a good Christmas. Since Brayton was on lockdown, we missed a few big family Christmases. But we did go to ones with just immediate family. We are so blessed to have families who understand. My little boy has been a trooper and has had a blast opening presents. 


Brayton's personality is definitely coming out! He throws things, crosses his arms and pouts. But my heart overflows every time he grabs my hand, kisses my cheek, and gives me a bear hug. I love his personality (even the rotten parts) and it's a joy to watch him grow!


He has learned to say several new words. He loves learning words and tried so hard. Second to "mama," my favorites are "football" and "basketball." I'm pretty sure we have a sports star on our hands! He has also started singing into a microphone that he received for Christmas! I can't wait until he is singing specials at church!


So far, Brayton is well except for a cough. Started allergy medicine at night in hopes of knocking it out this week! In 2 weeks we will be in Cincinnati! 


Jan 13 is a scope like we have done numerous times in the past. He will be put to sleep and they will go in to look. Jan 17 will be the actual reconstruction surgery. He will be put to sleep and they will take cartilage from his rib to use to fix his airway. The trach will be removed and a breathing tube put in to act as a stint until it heals. After surgery, he will be in a medically induced coma and intubated for 4-7 days. Which means my little climbing, crawling, dancing, jumping baby will be still. When the 4-7 days is over, the breathing tube will come out and he will wake up. We will be in the hospital through the 31st. And after that, we may have to stay local for another week. But then we will be trach free and home!


Please keep praying. Anxiety gets worse the closer the date gets. Paranoia over germs also gets worse. Pray Brayton stays healthy so the surgery will not be postponed and for calmness for Luke and me! We know our God has a plan, and that He was, is, and will be there. 



No comments:

Post a Comment