Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

The beginning...

In hopes that one day my children will read this, I must first start at the beginning. No, not from the moment, Brayton was born. I am going way back! Had Luke and I never gotten married, we never would have had a child and never experienced our miracle. So, I must tell our story first. Then I will begin will my precious baby!

Luke and I have known each other pretty much forever even though we weren't best friends. We went to the same school; our sisters played ball together; our parents knew each other. (When you live in a small country town, it is a given that you pretty much know everyone.) Nothing significantly stands out in my memory of Luke until high school. However, he claims we wrote letters to each other and swapped Nintendo games in the third grade. I vaguely remember this. I do, however, remember us playing together when our sisters played ball and at his cousin's house. It just so happens that his first cousin was my best friend growing up. Since these memories are not very important, let's fast forward to high school...

Luke was a sweetheart in high school: tenderhearted, kind, always willing to help someone. He was a year behind me in school, although only a few months separate us in age. He played baseball and basketball. He was scrawny and slightly awkward! (haha. I love you, honey!) He was the guy I said I wouldn't date, much less marry! Then there was me: cheerleader and softball player. I was outgoing and always smiling. Luke claims he knew he was going to marry me when he was in the 7th grade. I am not sure how much I believe that. As much as I would love to say this is where we fell in love, it's not. Like I said, I wouldn't date him. In fact, the one who would become the love of my life, was brutally rejected by me once! I am not an evil person, but I must admit, this was pretty cold:

A school dance, just what every student waits for. Who are the boys going to ask? Who do the girls want to go with? We were no different. I loved dances. Luke worked up the courage to call my house and ask me to a dance. (There is no telling how long he practiced asking me in the mirror!) I got on the phone and there was a little small talk, then he popped the question: "Will you go to the dance with me?" I was completely caught off guard and without thinking I said yes! After we hung up, I completely freaked! What was I thinking?!?!? What would my friends think?!?!?!?  So, I did the only thing I could do...I called him back and told him I couldn't go with him. Luke claims he was eating fruit loops, was scarred for life, and could no longer eat fruit loops. We joke now about our "fruit loop" story. However, I wonder what would have happened if I would have given him the chance back then.

That is all the time I have for today! I have to get ready for Christmas at my mom's!
To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment