Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Friday, December 23, 2011

Naming Brayton

Before Luke and I decided to have kids, I told him we had to go to Disney World first without kids so we could do what we wanted. We ended up going with my sister's family and my mom in October of 2010. We had a blast. I rode every ride!

The next month, during Thanksgiving break, we found out we were going to have a baby!!! The next thing we did was tell everyone we knew.

Once we found out it was a boy, we had to make a super hard decision: pick out a name! Picking out names for children is definitely the most stressful thing I have ever done. I was dreaming of names and trying to find the perfect one! I wanted a cute name, Luke wanted a dirtbike name. We went through several that our parents didn't like. (I eventually stopped asking their opinion! Haha) I liked Cade, Cannon, and several others. Luke didn't like any.

Finally, while watching a race, Brayton flashed on the screen to show Justin Brayton's score. Luke asked what I thought about it. I wasn't crazy about it, but at that point, I just wanted a name! So we took Brayton and stuck one of my favorite names to it and ended up with Brayton Cade. Simple, unique, and special! Luke got his dirtbike name and I got one of mine so we all ended up happy. The name grew on me and by the time he arrived, I loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment