Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Continued...

Continuing my story...

Luke and I went through high school as friends. When we got to Co-Lin, when he got to Co-Lin rather, we hung out a few times. One of these times stands out in my memory because it was the first time that I actually thought of him as "a perfect guy."  He had to meet his brother at Burger King for something so I rode with him. We rode around for a while after meeting his brother and he grabbed my hand and sang "Broken Road" by Rascal Flatts and every other song on the CD. It took everything in me not to laugh my head off because the poor kid can't carry a tune! Haha. I was so embarrassed for him! When I got back to my dorm room, I sat down and replayed the night in my head and for the first time, I thought to myself, "He would be the perfect guy, but I just can't see myself with him." I went and bought the Rascal Flatts CD the next day and listened to it all the time! To this day, if I listen to that CD, I remember that night!

A few more years went by. I moved to Hattiesburg to go to school. He stayed in BC.  When I got to Southern, things really got started. Out of the blue, Luke called me to talk. He told me all of his girl drama and what was going on in his life. I gave advice and listened. I complained about school and boys. He gave advice and listened. We talked for hours on the phone. One weekend, he invited me to a bon fire at his house. It was close to Valentine's because I was at my church's Valentine's Banquet. I decided to go after I left church. He was actually shocked that I actually showed up! We hung out that night with everyone and had fun.

One weekend we watched movies. Our friendship kept growing. I guess we were "talking" but I straight up told him that because he just got out of a relationship, I did not want to even talk about being a couple. A week later, he called and said he had a new girlfriend. I told him that was fine and I would leave him alone and let him focus on his relationship. He, of course, freaked out and told me not to stop talking to him. I told him that he was on the rebound and I understood and I was going to let him do his thing. We texted every now and then, but I made sure the long phone calls stopped. About a week or two later, Luke's grandpa had to come to the hospital in Hattiesburg for something and he called to see if he could come see me. We sat outside and talked for a long time. He said he knew what he needed to do; he broke up with his girlfriend not long after that.  ;)

I still wouldn't let us be officially a couple. We hung out and talked. After a month or two, he asked me to be his girlfriend. I think this was in June 2008. I said yes, but that I could not promise it would work and that I did not want to hurt him. He said he completely understood which blew my mind because most guys flip out and say, "fine. You just don't care. Forget it." Not my sweet Luke. He understood. So we took it day by day. It only took a few months for me to realize I loved him.

The very moment that I realized Luke was the one for me and that I loved him, we were riding 4 wheelers at Copiah Creek. We were covered in mud and we had gotten separated from everyone. We were lost and just kept picking trails trying to find our way back to everyone. While we were riding, it hit me that I could live like that forever.

Our friends just kept saying how they couldn't believe we ended up together. Luke always told me our story was like Corey Smith's song, "From a Distance." Check out the lyrics, it really fits our story!

One day in December, it snowed, and Luke begged and begged to come to my house. I was hanging out with my mom and told him to just wait. He was kind of driving me crazy so I finally told him to come over. We went to my grandparent's house and built snowmen. When we got back to my house, he walked outside to talk to his dad on the phone. He came back in and told me to come look what he found. I was wearing pajama pants, a big sweatshirt, and had no make up on. When I got outside, he had written in the snow, "Will you marry me?" I said yes! Six months later, July 11, 2009, we got married! Best day of my life. We wore shades when we walked out of the church and we left on a street bike. We had an awesome honeymoon in Chattanooga, TN. I loved him so much and loved him even more today!

God truly made us for one another and He has blessed us both!

I love you Luke Moak!

No comments:

Post a Comment