Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

New Year, New Hope

The new year has begun! As I look back on 2011, I am so thankful for all of the good and bad times! I feel that I have grown closer to God, and I have a new outlook on life and how fragile it is.

This will hopefully be the year that Brayton gets his trach out! We go to Blair E. Batson on Tuesday, January 10 to do another scope procedure. Hopefully, the results will show improvement!

Brayton has had the trach for a couple months now. It has become routine to clean it, change it, and do all we need to do. I am thankful that we were trained well and that we are more comfortable dealing with the trach. Even though, it is all becoming routine, I can't wait to get it taken out! I want to hear my baby babble and coo and say my name! I want to give him a bath without worrying about getting water in his trach. I want to be able to take him to the beach.

Parents, don't take the little things your children do for granted. If they cry and wake you up, be happy instead of complaining. When they bug you saying, "momma, momma, momma," soak up the fact that they are saying your name.  When they splash water out of the tub, be thankful that you don't have to worry about them getting water in their lungs and drowning.  Every breath they take, praise God that they are breathing and not turning blue! Soak up every moment you have with them. Shower them with kisses and love!

This year, my prayer is that by December 31, 2012, Brayton will be trach free! I will pray it every day from now until then! I have faith that my God, the ultimate healer, can accomplish this! I know that there is a bigger picture to all of this even though I may never see or know what the big picture is!

Praise to God for life and this new year of hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment