Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Refiner's Fire

Malachi 3:3 "He sits as a refiner and purifier of silver."
Psalm 66:10 "For you, O God, tested us; you refined us like silver."
Refine: to free from impurities; to bring to a pure state

To refine silver, Silversmiths hold a piece of silver in a fire and let it heat up. They must hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames are hottest in order to burn away all the impurities. The silversmith must sit in front of the fire the entire time to keep his eye on the silver because if it is left in the fire too long, it will be destroyed. How does the silversmith know when the silver is fully refined? He can see his image reflected in it.

Do you ever stop and think of this when you are going through a hard time in life? God is our refiner. He may put us in the fire, but he knows just how long we have to stay in there without being destroyed. When we become pure, His image is reflected in us and we can be a witness for Him!

God has definately been refining me through this whole ordeal. I feel that I have come a long way, but I still have a very long way to go. The good part of being in the fire is being able to know that my God is watching and making sure the fire does not overcome me. I want to be God's image. I want to live in a way that pleases Him and shows that He alone is worthy of our worship and praise. Praise God for these trying times when we can draw closer to Him and feel the peace and love that can only come from God above!


I pray that God sees His image reflected in my family soon. However, I know that God's timing is best and only when we are completely pure will we be removed from the fire.

God, please continue to heal Brayton and let us get good news next Tuesday! Thank you for bringing us this far. Continue teaching Luke and me that our ways aren't as high as yours are and you alone are the key to peace and happiness! Please continue to bless our sweet angel that You have allowed us to borrow! Help us to help him be all that you need him to be! In Your precious, holy name, Amen!

1 comment:

  1. Amen cuz! I never thought about the point you made about being refined in the fire! :) I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete