After a VERY long day, Brayton is resting comfortably. The doctors decided to do double stage which means that he still has a trach and a stent was placed to hold the airway open. The 1st stage is complete. The 2nd part will be Monday. This is when the stent will be removed. When the stent is removed, we will know a little more. Right now all looks good. There is a small, loose piece still in his airway right above the trach. They will not know if it will be ok or if another graft will have to be made. We will know more on Monday, but they said it could be fine on its own.
There are so many possibilities right now. I will not mention them all because that is all they are: possibilities. Nothing is definate right now other than my little man is okay! The main step is removing the stent. Then they have us scheduled for a scope on the 22nd. After this scope, we will plan for the near or far future.
We MIGHT get discharged before the 22nd, but they want us to stay close until then so we will stay here in Cincinnati.
THANK YOU ALL for the prayers! I have never felt so lifted up before. God has blessed us with some awesome people in our lives! We love you all!!!
Welcome to my blog! This is mainly the story of my son, Brayton Cade Moak. His life is a testimony to me, and many others. I hope this blog encourages those of you who are going through difficult times, who have sick kids, who are lacking faith, and who need a reason to believe in miracles. I never thought that I would see a miracle, much less give birth to one. My son, my precious angel, is my miracle. His story, as well as his father's and my story, will hopefully fill your spirit with love! God is good!